Celebrate International Education Week with NAFSA: Association of International Educators. NAFSA is focusing on the benefits of international education and exchange and says their focuses are, “campus internationalization, peacebuilding, global learning, and the economic impact of international students in your local area.”
Below is a list of in-person and online resources for students and educators in regards to education. Keep updated on International Education Week here at Language Magazine.
November 14, 2016:
- NAFSA RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM: Theories, Methodologies, and Practices in International Education– In-Person Learning Event at 9:00 a.m. EST
- Inaugural event will allow researchers and scholars in the field of international education and related disciplines the opportunity to share their work in an academic and professional environment.
- THE ROLE OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION IN PEACEBUILDING: A NAFSA and USIP Panel Discussion– Live Webcast at 2:00 p.m. EST Panel discussion on how international education can help mitigate conflict and empower individuals to become peacebuilders.
November 15, 2016:
- 2016 SENATOR PAUL SIMON AWARD PRESIDENTIAL PANEL – Live Webcast at 4:00 p.m. EST Panel discussion featuring leaders from Simon Award-winning institutions discussing their successes in campus internationalization.
November 16, 2016:
- ARCHITECTURE FOR GLOBAL LEARNING: Cross-Disciplinary Global Learning for Student Success – 12:00 p.m. EST Online learning event with participants sharing strategies on how to enrich and broaden student learning through integration of global learning and the creation of cross-disciplinary learning experiences.
November 17, 2016:
- NAFSA COLLEGIAL CONVERSATIONS – Online Event
Institutional Liability for Personal Travel in Education Abroad Programs – 3:00 p.m. EST