The evolving situation with COVID-19 has caused a rapid shift to remote teaching and learning at many schools and colleges across the country, with many teachers being asked to quickly develop a plan so that courses can accommodate this change.
Vista Higher Learning offers courses are conducted exclusively online using our Supersite, Prime, Portales, and Portails language learning platforms. Activities such as student partner chats, authentic media, and online assessments all help smooth the transition to remote teaching.
Resources to guide the transition
Transition to Remote Teaching Webinar series
The Vista three part webinar series offers the educator’s perspective on ways to evaluate, rethink, and modify courses so that teachers can switch rapidly to a remote delivery model.
Led by Donna Marques and Kate Grovergrys, these sessions help plan for an uncertain time.
- Register now for the K-12 webinar series
- Register now for Higher Ed webinars, and view on-demand recordings
How-To Guides for Your Remote Classroom
- How do I teach communicatively in an online course?
- How do I personalize my teaching in an online course?
- How do I help avoid student cheating in my online course?
How-To Videos for Your Remote Classroom
- How do I assign and help prevent cheating for online Supersite assessments?
- How do I customize and edit online Supersite assessments?
- How do I create my own instructor-generated Supersite activities?
- How do I enable the Live Chat feature to help communicate with my students?
On-demand Training Webinars
Delivered when teachers need, these webinars help teachers take advantage of features from the Vistas digital language learning platforms. Teachers are led by experienced faculty and staff as they show how to get the most of vhlcentral.
Search and connect to user guides and find answers to other questions about how to use the platform, technical requirements, and more.
Not sure where to start?