Gale, part of Cengage Group, has launched Gale In Context: Literature, a new resource for literature instruction and learning that helps high schoolers engage and thrive in English language arts (ELA).
Designed with high school students in mind, Gale In Context: Literature provides learners with the context they need to engage and form personal connections with a wide variety of literature, from traditional texts to diverse new voices. Educators can easily connect students to standards-based resources that provide the literary context necessary to ensure student understanding of the texts they’re reading in ELA lessons. This sparks greater interest in literature, enabling teachers to facilitate meaningful interactions that inspire more compelling classroom discussions that increase critical thinking skills, delivering better learning outcomes.
Gale In Context: Literature organizes an array of high-quality resources into one easy-to-use, searchable platform to help high school students learn about both traditional and non-traditional literature. “This expansion will allow educators to add relevance to the literature lessons they are using in the classroom and therefore engage their students on a deeper level,” said Shawn Clark, senior vice president of Gale’s domestic learning business. “Literature is one of the greatest ways to get students to connect to their course material, no matter their reading level. Gale In Context: Literature helps broaden and deepen students’ knowledge and understanding of the material.”
Gale In Context: Literature offers:
• Topic Pages: more than 250 topic pages organized around key works, authors, and topics, scaffolded to provide easy access for all students.
• Essential Questions: more than 300 question prompts designed to engage student curiosity and provide a starting point for literature research.
• Book Browse: a visual bookshelf that can be filtered by topic, genre, and other key literature-focused limiters.
• Multimedia Content: a robust set of videos, images, infographics, podcasts, and more designed to engage students.
• Gale In Context: For Educators Integration: functionality includes subject and curriculum browsing, lesson plans, resource organization, assessments, and annotation tools.
Gale In Context: Literature uses the same design framework as other Gale In Context products. Through grade-appropriate, at-level content, strategic design and an accessible experience, high school students and educators are better set up to succeed in their literature courses.
For more information on Gale In Context: Literature or to request a trial, visit its web page.