View Language Magazine's feature on Escuela Delengua & Granada here.
Delengua is a Spanish language school situated in the heart of Granada. Home to the Alhambra palace, Granada´s cultural, culinary and artistic offerings, vibrant student population, and close proximity to both the mountains and the coast make it an unforgettable city.
We offer a wide range of Spanish courses in Spain. Our qualified teachers will guide you through the Spanish language in small classes of just 2 to 8 students, and help you to become fully immersed in the culture both in and out of the classroom.
You may also choose to complement the intensive course with private Spanish classes, specific Spanish classes (Spanish for tourism, business, law, medicine…) or lessons which focus on preparation for the DELE exam. Visit the school's site here.
THE LANGUAGE SCHOOL, DELENGUA
Delengua is a small, dynamic language school which specializes in Spanish language and culture and runs courses throughout the year. It is one of only a few Spanish language schools that is located in the very centre of Granada. Delengua was founded in 1997.
OUR TEAM OF SPANISH TEACHERS
Our team consists of young Spanish teachers all of whom have graduated in linguistics and have relevant teaching experience. Their dedication and passion for teaching is apparent both inside and outside the classroom. They ensure that our Spanish courses are taught in a fun and relaxed environment so that students enjoy their classes and therefore that progression with their Spanish skills is guaranteed.
Our Spanish courses are focused on communication and action: the main priority is effective communication and correct situational usage. Thanks to a carefully designed programme covering all aspects of language, a great number of different topics are covered in an intensive manner so that maximum progress is guaranteed.
The curriculum used by our experienced teachers is focused on a direct communicative approach. As a result of this, the dynamic courses involve active participation from all students.
The number of students per Spanish class, between 2 and 8, reinforces this approach and strengthens the student-teacher relationship as well as improving fluency.
SPANISH COURSE DESCRIPTION
- From 1 week to 12 months.
- Intensive Spanish courses consist of four classes per day, Monday to Friday.
- Intensive-plus and Special Spanish courses consist of 5 or 6 classes per day.
- In all cases one class equals 45 academic minutes.
- The size of each group varies from 2 to a maximum of 8, so that each student has the opportunity to actively participate. Even if the minimum number of participants is not reached, the class will take place, but the time of the class will be decreased. Up to six different levels are offered at the beginning of each Intensive course, ranging from basic to proficient Spanish users.
- We ask you to complete the Spanish level test on our Website the week before your course starts. The results, together with your own self-assessment and an informal conversation on your first day of class, will help us to determine what level of Spanish is most suitable for you.
- It is usually possible to change levels during the course.
- A certificate which confirms the type of Spanish course, duration, intensity and level will be awarded to those who regularly attend their Spanish courses.
SPANISH COURSE LEVELS
For our Spanish courses, we use the six level framework of language proficiency developed by the Council of European Language
WE PROVIDE A DEEP INSIGHT INTO THE SPANISH WAY OF LIFE
Escuela Delengua organises daily activities that offer a deep insight into Spanish way of life. The activities also provide the chance to get to know Granada and the surrounding countryside in terms of its history, culture and tradition.
- Parties and meals with an Andalusian/Spanish flavour.
- Guided visits to The Alhambra and Generalife, Granada Cathedral, The Cartuja, The Royal Chapel, Sacromonte Abbey, The Albayzín.
- Tapas bar and Flamenco evenings are enjoyed by all our students.
- Lectures and chats on literature, history, art, etc.
- Visits to the market in Granada or to the cinema, in small groups, accompanied by a teacher.
- Spanish and Latin-American films.
- Mountain-biking, swimming, tennis, horse-riding and skiing are just some of the sports on offer in and around Granada.
AFTER A WEEK OF STUDYING...
After studying Spanish during the week, trips are organized for the weekends. Some local places of interest include: Seville, Córdoba, Málaga, The Alpujarras, Sierra Nevada, the caves of Guadix or the beaches of the Costa Tropical.