Teacher Resources for Debate in the Classroom
Elementary and Middle School
All have rich adaptations for remote learning.
- ● Time for Kids Debate (https://www.timeforkids.com/g56/topics/debate/)
- ● Word Generation (http://www.generationready.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/GR-Middle-School-Quality-Initiative.pdf)
- ● The Noisy Classroom (https://noisyclassroom.com/debate-topics/)
High School & Upper Middle School
Rich anchor text sets on topical issues and curriculum related essential questions for debates and “Structured Academic Controversies, SACs”
- ● Room for Debate (https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2011/11/07/should-voting-in-the-us-be-mandatory-14)
- ● Stanford History Education Group (https://sheg.stanford.edu/history-lessons?f%5B0%5D=topic%3A8#main-content)
- ● Intelligence Squared (https://www.intelligencesquaredus.org/)
Debate Leagues Emphasizing DEI
Member support includes training and materials for coaches, and debate camps and tournaments with rich, continual feedback.
- ● National Urban Debate League (https://urbandebate.org/)
- ● New York City Urban Debate League (https://debate.nyc/)
- ● Chicago Debates (https://www.chicagodebates.org/program-overview/)