CABE Binational Project GLAD in partnership with Sistema Educativo Estatal (SEE) de Baja California and Project GLAD National Training Center is offering a summer/fall training program in Tijuana, BC, Mexico, and SoCal.
- Become a Project GLAD®-certified teacher!
- Enjoy a bilingual, bicultural professional development experience with your colleagues!
- Dual immersion teachers: Develop high levels of academic Spanish!
- Build collaborative relationships with colleagues from Baja California, Mexico, and California!
- Learn about Mexico’s educational system and the transnational students we share!
Tijuana: July 16-20, 2018 | Fall 2018
Up to 15 California elementary teachers from Spanish Dual Language Immersion programs with a BCLAD credential/authorization or Bilingual Authorization
Up to 15 California elementary teachers with a CLAD credential/authorization or SB 2042 credential who teach English Learners in English
Up to 15 Mexican English as a Second Language teachers
Up to 15 Mexican teachers who teach in Spanish
Tier 1 Theory and Research Training (delivered in English for CLAD/SB2042 teachers and in Spanish for BCLAD/Bilingual Authorization teachers) in Tijuana, BC, Mexico: July 16-20, 2018 (2 days of training, plus travel and school site visit days)
Tier 1 Demonstration Session in English for CLAD/SB2042 teachers and in Spanish for BCLAD/Bilingual Authorization teachers in host district in Southern California, Fall 2018 (4 days; not including travel days)
$3,500 per teacher, including:
- Project GLAD® Tier 1: 2-day Theory/Research Training in Tijuana, BC, Mexico, plus school site visit and travel days (total of 5 days) for all participants
- Round trip transportation from San Diego, CA, to Tijuana, Mexico
- Lodging (double occupancy) and food at the Grand Hotel, Tijuana (http://www.grandhoteltj.com)
- International travel insurance
- Cultural activity (whole group; transportation and escort provided)
- Project GLAD® Tier 1: 4-day demonstration/observation trainig in host district (TBD) in Southern California (including breakfast and lunch each day; does not include travel days)
BCLAD/Bilingual Authorization teachers: http://cabe.k12oms.org/1524-143290
CLAD/SB2042 teachers: http://cabe.k12oms.org/1524-143289