On May 8–9, 2023, the National Research and Development Center to Improve Education for Secondary English Learners at WestEd and the Center for the Success of English Learners will host the first in a series of new annual conferences designed to examine how to improve education for English Learners and produce actionable findings.
Entitled “Improving instruction, assessment, and policies for secondary English Learners across the content areas,” the joint conference will take place at George Washington University in the nation’s capital. It is intended for teacher educators, teachers, district and state English Learner program administrators and others playing key roles in the field, including policymakers and researchers.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mark Schneider, Institute of Education Sciences (IES)
- Kenji Hakuta, Stanford University
- Guillermo Solano-Flores, Stanford University
- Amanda Kibler, Oregon State University
- Jennifer O’Day, American Institutes for Research
- Michael Feuer, George Washington University
For more information, including when and how to register, visit https://www.elrdcenter.wested.org/.